POLIBOTÁNICA, n international botanical journal supported by the National Polytechnic Institute, only publishes material resulting from original research in the botanic area. It has a periodicity of two issues per year with international distribution and an international Editorial Committee.
All articles submitted to POLIBOTÁNICA for publication are reviewed by at least a couple of referees. National or international recognized experts will evaluate all submitted materials to recommend the appropriateness or otherwise of a publication. Therefore, the quality of published papers in POLIBOTÁNICA is of the highest international standards.
FOR PUBLICATION OF ARTICLES
Originals that comply with the following requirements will be accepted:
1. POLIBOTÁNICA includes only items that represent the results of original research which have not been published. The author should attach an official and signed a letter to the Editor stating that the work is original and unpublished. We do not accept articles published or presented before or simultaneously in another journal, a fact that the author (s) must expressly declare in the letter.
2. When an article has been accepted, the author can no longer send it to a different national or foreign journal.
3. Articles should be written in Spanish, English, French or Portuguese. In the case of being written in languages other than Spanish, it should include an abstract in English.
4. The article ought to be sent to the POLIBOTÁNICA’s Open Journal System http://www.polibotanica.mx/ojs in an office-word file without a maximum number of pages with the following features:
a) on letter-size pages, Times New Roman font type, 12-point font size, double-spaced and 2 cm margin
5. The figures, images, graphics in the article must be attached as follows:
a) in jpg format
b) with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and a minimum size of 140 mm wide
c) all characters must be legible and contrasted
6. All articles must include:
a) a title in both Spanish and English that clearly expresses the problem referred to. The format for this section is: bold, font size 14 and centered.;
b) the name of the author or authors, with their initials, no titles and no academic degrees. The format for this section is font size 12, aligned to the left, each name in a different paragraph but without spaces in-between and a superscript number indicating the affiliation;
c) complete affiliations of all authors (including laboratory or research institution). The format for this section is font size 12, aligned to the left, each name in a different paragraph but without spaces in-between and a superscript number at the beginning of the affiliation;
d) correspondence author should be in the next paragraph, font size 12 and aligned to the left.
7. All work should be composed of the following chapters:
a) RESUMEN and ABSTRACT. Palabras clave y Key Words. The format for this section is: bold, font size 12 and centered. Both words (RESUMEN: and ABSTRACT:) must include a colon, be in bold and aligned to the left. The body of the abstract must be justified and in font size 12. Both Palabras clave: and Keywords: must include a colon, be in bold and aligned to the left. Keywords must be separated by a comma or semicolon, must be justified and in font size 12.
b) INTRODUCTION y METHODS. In the case of techniques or methods that are already known, they were mentioned only by appointment of the original publication in which they were released.
c) RESULTS. Accompanied by the presentation of the required number of graphs, tables, figures or diagrams very close to the size which will be printed (19 x 14 cm).
d) DISCUSSION. A concise discussion of the results obtained, limited to what is original and other related directly and considered new data.
e) CONCLUSIONS. The format for sections Introduction, Results, Discussion and Conclusions: bold, font size 16 and centered.
FORMAT SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE BODY OF WORK
1. Sections: Font size 16, centered, bold, with the first letter capitalized.
2. Subsections / Secondary Subtitles: Font size 14, centered, bold, with the first letter capitalized. When there are second-grade subsections format in size 13 bold and centered.
3. Body: Font size 12, justified. There should NOT be line breaks between paragraphs.
4. Footnotes should be at the bottom of each page, font size 12 and justified.
5. Textual quotation with more than three lines: Source size 12, left a margin of 4 cm.
6. Image Title: Font size 12, centered and bold, separated by two points from its description. Description of the images: size 12.
7. Images Footnotes: Font size 12 and centered to the image, the first letter must be in capital letters.
8. Images: must be in the body of the text, inserted in png or jpg format, at least 300 dpi resolution and centered. Images should be in line with the text. Graphs, charts, photographs, diagrams and, in some cases, tables and equations are considered images.
9. TextTables: Only The title of the columns of the tables must be in bold. Scientific names must be in italics. It is recommended to use the Tables as images, they should be centered (at least 300 dpi resolution).
10. Footnotes: Font size 12 and centered to the table, the first letter must be in upper case.
11. Equations can be in Mathtype 1 or image. In the latter case, follow the instructions in point 8.
12. Quotations of the author and year type must be in parentheses, with the author's last name followed by the year (Souza, 2007), the first letter in capital letters.
8. LITERATURE CITED. All references must be cited using the APA style. POLIBOTÁNICA requires the use of Mendelay® (free reference manager) for the entire bibliography.
STRUCTURE AND FORMAT OF ACKNOWLEDGMENTS AND BIBLIOGRAPHICAL REFERENCES
1. Acknowledgments must be after the last section of the body of the text. This information should be titled the word "Acknowledgments", or its equivalent in another language, in bold, size 12 and centered. The text of this information must be in size 12 justified.
2. Bibliographical references should be in alphabetical order without paragraph line jump, aligned to the left, in size 12.
3. Appendices, annexes, glossaries and other materials should be included after the bibliographic references. If these materials are extensive they should be created as PDF files.